Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Miss Gays Reading Challenge (The Throne Of Glass)

Miss Gays Reading Challenge

After finishing the book series by Amy Ewing I ventured out to find a new novel to read during SSR (sustained silent reading). So now I am currently reading the first book of a series, The Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Even though I have only read 15 chapters, I can guess that the title is fitting for this book because after an assassin was asked to compete to be the kings champion, she travelled to a castle made of glass where she met the king who sat upon a throne made of glass. What I like about this novel so far is that even though its a story of its own, I can still relate parts of it to the previous book series I read. What I also like about it is the strong female lead character, for she had to disguise her identity as a jewel thief when shes really the best-trained assassin. So far my favourite character is Celaena Sardothien as she is the person the story is based on, though she has done incriminating things she is still a strong-minded woman who is intelligent and skilled. From what Celaena describes in the novel her least favourite person in the world in the king and from how she described him I soon agreed with her. what I have learned so far from this novel is that you should never be too quick to judge someone because there is more to them then it seems. Something from this novel that relates to my own life is that a character wanted Celanea to be someone she could talk to even though Celeana wouldn't share things with her because of her hidden identity, and its the same for me. My friends want someone to talk to but I would just be there supporting them. I have heard from multiple people that this is a great book series and I can't wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.