Sunday, December 17, 2017

Summer Learning Journey (Day One)

Activity 2. Setting Sail

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about movie to a new country.

Day One. 
I climbed into the closest waka near by with my older brother buy my side I was anxious as I had no idea what my voyage would bring as the last person aboard the waka the men began rowing in a fast past action I looked back at my home for the last time as it cleared from view. Waves collided against the waka spraying water throughout the boat I Huddled near my brother as our saturated cloths dripped on to the damp seats, I looked around to see the others in the same situation the sun still beamed down on us promising  fine weather but as the wind picks up it send shivers trough our limbs. The woman bye the carrying baskets began handing out some warm furs I give mine to my sister as I had no need for it. The wind died down and the ocean became still surrounding us with fluorescent shades of blue. It was nearing noon and still no land in sight when the sun started to hide behind the ocean the men in the front of the wakas called it for the night. It was still dark and everyone one was asleep apart from me and the men on watch I was lonely has I had ever been nothing but silence and none to talk to as the air turned colder I decided to wrap up in my furs until morning.

39 Days Later.
Everyone awoke and were we were on our way for the last time, I new we where getting closer The signs of travailing began showing as my limbs felt tight but I know theirs not long to go when I see a silhouette of an island. As we got near the shore I felt gilt, why do I deserve this. I steeped on the the soft sand me and my brother  shoulder to shoulder all I was thinking in my mind is this is my new home this is where I will spend the rest of my life where I will be happy and have a family of my own. leaving my parents behind was hard on me and my brother but I have hope for my future and what is to come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Catrin,

    Well done, I love the way you have written this piece. I like how you finish it but writing 39 days later.
    I can see why writing is one of your favourite subjects.
    I like that you have written about not only you but your sister as well.
    It would be a very lonely journey at times, I imagine.

    Well done

    Until next time

    Allie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.