Friday, December 22, 2017

Summer Learning Journey (W2) (Day Three)

Activity 1.  Dealing with Stress

In New Zealand, many people lost their jobs during this decade. Experts predict that as much as 30% of the population was unemployed. It was a very stressful time for families.

Sadly, many of us still experience stress in our lives to this day. On your blog, please tell us what you do when you want to relax or de-stress. Do you read a favourite book, watch a favourite television show or talk to someone special?  What are your tips for dealing with stress?

Image result for relaxing bathWhen I am stressed or have had a jam packed day and I just want to relax I have a long warm soak in the bath, for me baths don't just clean you it cleanses and soothes your joints and mussels making you feel relaxed after having a long warm soak in the bath I just lie or sit up on my bed reading my favourite book series.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Catrin

    I agree with you, there is nothing better than a soak in a hot bubble bath if you have had a long and stressful day.
    Even if you have had a full on sports day or after being on school camp, it is a really great way to relax.
    I also like to read and enjoy lying in bed reading.
    What is your favourite book series to read?
    Do you have a favourite author?
    My favourite author is Elizabeth Laird. I really like reading her books. My favourite would be Jake's Tower & Secret Friends.
    Hopefully you are not stressed during the holidays and are having a fun time.
    Good job Catrin

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie

    My Favourite books series is really hard to choose from but at the moment it is the clan of the cave bear series my parents used to read the series when they were around my age when i was born my dad was tempted to name me after the main character in the book and when i read the first book in the series i could see why. I do not have a favourite author but when I was younger I was interested in the Roald Dahl and his books.

    Thanks for all the questions and feedback

    Catrin 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Catrin,

    What a great idea! Warm baths are just the best. They are so relaxing and calming - a great way to wind down after a long day. Unfortunately, I only have showers at my house, but sometimes I have a bath at my friends place or at hotels when I'm overseas. I always like bringing a bath bomb with me and watch it fizz in the bath, changing the colour of the water!

    Have you used a bath bomb before? What was your experience like?

    Keep up the great blogging! The Summer Learning Journey team can't wait to read more of your blog posts!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catrin!
    I think that this is an awesome idea for relaxation. What is your favorite book series? Mine is some amazing pony books that I have read over and over again many times! please come and check out my blog sometime- From Tess.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.