Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Summer Learning Journey (Day Two)

Activity 3. Special Meal

Back in the 1800s, most Māori ate a simple diet. They ate foods that they could catch in the water (eg. fish) or grow on the land (eg. kumara). They did not have access to a supermarket to buy food for their meals! Speaking of meals, what is your favourite meal?

On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

Image result for honey and garlic porkHoney Garlic Pork Loin
I have only had this dish once in my life but it is the most fascinating mixture of honey and garlic. My dad added some sesame seeds on the top to add more flavour I strongly recommend this for you to make.












2 comments:

  1. Hi Catrin,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you during the Summer Learning Journey this summer.

    This is a great post. Just to let you know that I have requested access to the ingredients and method. It sounds like it would be very interesting to try!

    What do you think made the mixture of honey and garlic work so well together? It sounds like an interesting combination but I'm sure it would taste nice.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catrin!

    My name is Ellee and I work alongside Allie and Emiely commenting on blogs for the Summer Learning Journey!

    I hope you have had an amazing Christmas and New Years? Did you get up to anything special?

    I am not going to lie I have never had honey garlic pork loin before but when I was scrolling down your feed my mouth started watering when I saw it! It looks so delicious...It looks a little bit like sweet and sour pork...have you have that before?

    Did your Dad make this dish? He must be an amazing cook. I really like to make different meals but this one looks like its on a whole other skill level to me!

    Looks like you have been doing great work with your blog over the summer Catrin! Keep up the amazing work!

    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.